Ten Outstanding Teachers of 2010
From Wikipilipinas: The Hip 'n Free Philippine Encyclopedia
Since 1985 Metrobank Foundation, Inc. has been acknowledging outstanding teachers who inspire young Filipinos through their exemplary dedication in teaching and education.
Grade School Awardees
- Grace Salvatus from Municipal Sector Elementary School in Calauag, Quezon, has been teaching for 14 years. She introduced Project GRACE (Guided Reading Activity for Comprehension Enhancement) – a one-on-one teacher-pupil guided reading activity to address non-readers.
- Miladith B. Polutan, who teaches at Oroquieta City Elementary School established the Oroquieta Parents Advocate for Children with Disabilities, an organization which engages parents, the government, non-government organizations, businesses, the academe and other stakeholders in addressing various problems and challenges in caring for children with special needs.
- Conchita A. Ibarondo from San Antonio Elementary School in Iriga City teaches grade 2 pupils in the lowest section composed of non-readers and slow learners who come from low-social economic status and are not well nourished.
- Nancy S. Aquino of Mlang Pilot Elementary School in Cotabato has introduced innovations in teaching such as ECAME (Every Child a Math Enthusiast), VBEA (Vocabulary Building Enrichment Activities), and EHP (Enhancing Handwriting Program).
High School Awardees
- Janeth Morata-Fuentes of Philippine Science High School-Eastern Visayas Campus was part of an enhanced research program of her school that underscores scientific and technical researches as key to the learning of science and math in their school.
- Mercedita Villamayor of Bukidnon State University-Secondary School Laboratory has been involved with instruction, extension, research and production in her school. She is also a sought-after resource speaker and facilitator for various seminars and workshops for teachers.
- Estrelita Peña from Kabasalan National High School Kabasalan founded SAGIP-A-STUDENT Drop-Out Reduction Advocacy Association, Inc., an organization that aims to reduce the large number of student drop-outs in her school.
- Mercelita Labial of Xavier University High School-Cagayan de Oro has been teaching English for 16 years and has been implementing a literacy program for girls who were victims of different types of abuses such as rape and abandonment and are under the custody of the Department of Social Welfare and Development.
- Dr. Rowena Cristina Guevara from the University of the Philippines-Diliman is the proponent and program leader of the ERDT (Engineering Research and Development for Technology) Program being participated in by a consortium of universities and colleges offering engineering courses.
- Dr. Raymund Sison of De La Salle University Manila is the only one in the country who uses the approach to learning programming called “Pair Programming.” He studies the effects on the productivity of student programmers and on the quality of their software products.
- "Metrobank Foundation names Outstanding Teachers for 2010" Mbfoundation.org.ph (Accessed 26 November 2010).
- "Metrobank Outstanding Teachers Bared" Sunstar.com.ph (Accessed 26 November 2010).
- http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/inquirerheadlines/learning/view/20100905-290677/Outstanding-teachers--Mastering-fundamentals "Outstanding Teachers Mastering Fundamentals"] Newsinfo.inquirer.net (Accessed 26 November 2010).